Friday, June 15, 2007

Web 2.0 Awards

Web2.0 Awards just shows how well some sites have used all the tools available. I could not resist just picking randomly some normal favourites like shopping and travel so when I scanned the awards site and spotted the winner for the Retail group I headed for it. The name Threadless caught by eye as only a few days ago it was mentioned by my niece who was trying to con the dad to buy a t-shirt for her. Must say I thought it was a nice site with the concept of encouraging designers to submit and it does have a community like approach…very much what all this technology is about. Threadless had syndicated content powered by FeedBurner …yet another to check out. Had email , add to del.icio.us, RSS, templates for submitting designs, blogs for comments on designs or send pictures, counter technology etc

The site Wufoo under content aggregation and management could be one to check out perhaps when students need to do their assignments which include the need to conduct a survey…it does cost but there is mention of a “nice free version”. As I have no current need for this I didn’t check it out fully. Checked out a few others and found that it would be handy if maybe Australian versions were created e.g. an Australian Farecast maybe?

No comments: